USB-Type C to Micro USB Adapter |USB-Type C to USB 3.0 Adapter, Tech2016 2 in 1 Blue Light USB-Type C to Micro USB Adapter and USB-Type C to USB 3.0 Adapter for USB Type-C Devices(Gold)*
Because USB-Type C devices are still relatively new and uncommon, finding places to charge them can be difficult at times. It is vitally important to have a few good charging adapters laying around the house when your device can only be charged using USB-Type C. Having a functioning USB-Type C to Micro USB adapter in a house full of older devices is also crucial. My husband repairs phones as part of his business, so we have charging ports everywhere. However we only have one USB-Type C adapter and now we have no USB-Type C cables because my cat decided to chew up the last one I had. For several months I have been forced to rely on and to carry around an old Type C Adapter in order to charge my phone. That adapter had become slightly bent and worn out from over use, so it was necessary for me to replace it.
These adapters have a blue LED light installed on both ends that only turns on when there is power flowing completely through it.This feature has already helped me identify some issues with a few charging accessories I use. I was able to quickly determine that one of my longer cables had a short in it, because the blue light in the USB Type-C to Micro USB adapter has been flickering on and off again when the cable is moved or bent. My charging speed has probably been reduced due to the intermittent power issues with the cable. This may help explain why my phone has been taking such a long time to fully charge. In order to verify that the old cable was faulty, I switched my phone and adapter to a new cable. Since I replaced the cable, the blue light has remained steadily on proving to that my issue was caused by the cable.
I love my brand new adapters. It is unfortunate that they will never be able to fully replace the speed and function of proper charging cables. However they are definitely a huge improvement over the ancient adapters I had been using.
- New adapters are not bent or lose from overuse, so they will be able to maintain a better and more consistent charge for my phone
- The adapters add more versatility and convenience in charging the only USB-Type C device that is being used in a house full of phones and other gadgets that still need Micro USB ports and cables for charging and data transfer
- The adapters are more affordable than the cables
- The blue LED lights on both adapters indicate whether or not any power is running through them providing an easy method that can be used to troubleshoot and identity charging issues
- I have yet to use a USB Type-C adapter that feels like it fits correctly and/or tightly in the Micro USB ports and cables
- An adapter will not be able to replace the speed, fit, or full function of a good USB Type-C Cable
DISCLAIMER: I received the Tech2016 USB Type C Adapters at a discount. The opinions expressed in this product review are entirely my own and are not the views or opinions of any other third-party. I have provided this review at my own discretion and it is a direct reflection of my personal experience with the adapters that I received. I am under no obligation to write this review and I have not nor will I ever receive compensation for my opinions provided here, aside from the aforementioned discount.